4 chicken thighs
6 chicken legs
4 cup flour
2 tablespoon Garlic powder
2 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon ground thyme
2 tablespoon black pepper
1 us liquid quart buttermilk
8 cup Canola Oil
- Soak the chicken in buttermilk for 6 hours.
- Mix the flour and seasonings.
- Add oil to the Copper Chef pan and heat over medium heat*.
- Place the fry basket into the pan.
- Dip the chicken into the flour.
- Carefully fry the chicken, 3 pieces at a time, in the hot oil for 15-20 minutes.
- When done remove fry basket and set on side of the pot to drain.
- Place the chicken & fry basket on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
* Note: Be careful not to over fill the pan with oil to avoid oil overflowing onto the burner and creating a fire.