Steak Au Poivre
2 NY Strip Steak
0.5 cup Cracked Peppercorn
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 tablespoon Brandy
0.333333 cup Cream
1 Shallot, peeled and minced
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon Grape seed oil
- Place the peppercorns in a coffee grinder and pulse to break them up slightly.
- Season the steaks with salt. Place the peppercorns in a shallow pan and coat the steaks,
- Place your copper chef on a medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour in the oil and sauté the steaks 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steaks and set aside. Add the butter & shallots and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the brandy & reduce the liquid by half, add the cream and cook until slightly thickened. Place the steaks on a plate and pour the sauce over top and serve.